Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Few Challenge Creations

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, I have spent my morning trying to find my missing creativeness, so what better way to start than with a few challenges.
During the week I spied a few challenges that I wanted to give a try the first one was from Jac-incs. I love what these girls create each fortnight, and the sketch was certainly a challenge for me, I have never done anything with ovals before but am happy with how my card turned out. I don't have an oval template so I printed out an oval shape from word, cut it out and traced around my template onto DSP then cut out. I found that my cutting wasn't to crash hot so I decided to distress the edges so no one could see my awful cutting skills. The same went for the circles, I am yet to purchase the Scissor Circle (on my wish list) so my template this time was a plastic cup. I used Artistic Etchings, Well Scripted stamp sets, Newsprint DSP, Riding Hood Red and Vanilla Card Stock, along with Riding Hood Red and Stazon Black inks, and an Antique Brad, all supplies are from Stampin Up.

Close up of the distress circles

The next challenges that I wanted to give a go was a sketch challenge from Inkspirations Challenges and a new site I found for a colour challenge Stamp away with me ,I teamed the two challenges together and came up with a cute card for my Mum for Mothers Day. I used Awash with Flowers, Well Scripted stamp sets, Taken with Teal, Perfect Plum, Kraft and Whisper White card stock, Taken with Teal, Perfect Plum and Crumb Cake inks and the super cute brads from the Silver Hodgepodge tin, all products are from Stampin Up.
I hope you enjoy my cards. Have a great weekend.
Take care
Kylie.

6 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the brads, they add a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie, Thanks for entering jac-inks challenge #2 - love your distressed oval and circles and that Vintage brad just completes the gorgeous card.
    Did you check the winners for Challenge 1 - You might find a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kylie, love your colour choice - one of my favourites! Totally relate on cutting out ovals too :-) The distressing really adds to the vintage I think - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colour combo and use of that flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great card Kylie & both gorgeous colour palettes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work, Kylie! LOVE all those layered panels and your deepening of the Color Cue colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us, at Wplus9, this month!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin